 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2945
2944  |  2946
Subject:
(un)friendly reminder???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 21:04:38 GMT

Hi....

just posting to remind all the local Toronto-area lego enthusiasts that
Friday (the 14th) is the next dinner a la Mel's on Bloor St.

Also, is anybody intending to bring something special to Friday, or are
you going to keep it a surprise.

Last Dinner had an amazing turnout.  We (the group) seemed to take over half
the restaurant, and we had a couple missing regulars!!

* * *

(tangent warning!!!)

I was trying to see if my Lego (Vision Command) camera was compatible with
my notebook (Compaq Armada 1700 / Pentium II 266 / with Windows XP loaded).
Windows XP has a pretty nice bit of software, even though it gobbles a large
load of hard drive space. (I think WELL over a GigaByte)
All these drivers pre-loaded seem to help, though.  I had no problem running
a scanner (designed for Windows 95,98,or ME) - [software that came with it
didn't run... :( ]
With the success of the scanner, I hooked up the camera, and accepted the
camera as a Logitech Camera.  Woohoo!!!!  So, Calum, Logitech Cameras may not
be compatible with Windows 2000, it should be compatible with Windows XP, that
is the home edition....
I am not sure about the Professional edition.

  * * *

(back to the topic at hand)

it may be bulky, especially with the crowd we had last time, but I think I
am definitely bring my notebook again, with the Camera...to take some
pictures of the dinner...

I am also intending to bring the church for its "official RTL debut" and
I am bringing a new, updated luggage car, for my metroliner collection.
And if possible, the tanker ship.

* * *

(another tangent warning!!!) ;(

ohh like I said earlier last week, I had gotten that 4031 Fire boat, and
was going to modify it abit.  I am sure the boat lovers.... Calum .... will
be interested in the design (if I get the cabin done in time.... :-0 )

<spoiler warning>

the boat should irritate mindstorm / technic enthusiasts ....

(Oooops I don't think I should have said that)

Evil laugh..... :)

  * * *

(back to the subject)

Ohhh getting there should be interesting......I think I am going to take
the train there this time, stopping at Mississauga first to board at the
Port Credit Station.....one of my favorite GO stations.
Then take the subway at Union......switching to the Spadina Line.

(I love the GO Train!!!)

[oops...maybe this should have had its own tangent warning!!!!]

(return of evil laughter!!!!!!!!!)

  * * *

tangent warning (3rd time!!)

ohhh, lastly, I am just curious.  Calum, when are you going to update your
journal on Peachy Server.....  The last update was Sept. 17.  That is a big
gap.  I like your earlier entries, especially when you were going to
U of T!!!!!  Those rocked!!!!!!!

  * * *

return to the subject....nah!!!!

(evil laughter returns again!!!!  Mwa ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!) *

play well (obviously I'm not!!!) :)

* - this is mainly due to an acute overload of assignments at the end of the
semester.  I just wrote a 10 page paper last night, and have a few other
assignments that are due before Friday!! :(   (so bear with me!!)

Benjamin Medinets