 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *15234 (-20)
  Re: NQJ - wanna trade? -Followup

(...) Did brick it forward end with a mere 8417? Wow, Chris was bought off easily. "Because you keep using me like a stepping stone" Calum (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  [rtlToronto] rtlToronto20 Draft Rules Posted

Hi folks, The product of many long debates, rtlToronto20: Project Y's draft rules are now posted: (URL) contest is slated for February of 2006 and is currently open for debate on the issues marked in red on the webpage. Start your debates. In (...) (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: OT - anyone own a robot vacum?

"Chris Magno" <cmagno@rogers.com> wrote in message news:Iq29Mq.w96@lugnet.com... (...) The "Roomba" is a perfect example of how a company with no sense of product design can throw together crap that is inexpensive and woo everyone over in seconds (...) (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  lego, big trax, tic tac tow chicken???

(URL) has scaned and posted the 1979 Sears Chrsitmas wish book. "tray cool." Chris Moi? (19 years ago, 21-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Iain - new video - what I did at work last week.

(URL) (19 years ago, 20-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Gluing Lego

(...) I glue a lot of Lego bricks. (In a good cause.) I use clear PVC/CPVC pipe cement. It is MEK based but has filler so it doesn't vanish after you apply it and before you press the pieces together. Apply with a tooth pick. Practice first. You can (...) (19 years ago, 19-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Gluing Lego

(...) I think it is a rare sort of glue where I say that crazy glue is LESS nasty, but it is... Oateys IS nasty stuff, so in my view that's a reason to use CA/ACC. That said, and while I know Ondrew has done some great work (and others have too) (...) (19 years ago, 19-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Gluing Lego

(...) Hey guys, Thanks for all of your suggestions--the event organizer is handling the gluing of the trophies now, so all I had to do was build them. He had been using Crazy Glue as one person had suggested, but it was pretty expensive. I had a can (...) (19 years ago, 18-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [RTL DINNER] - i think its tonight..

(...) mmmmm. I can't make it either - setting up for my kids school silent auction library fundraiser... I'll have to wait for my 1x1 technic beam :( -Rob A> p.s. my son comes up to me the other day and says "Dad, do we have any more of these?"..... (...) (19 years ago, 18-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [RTL DINNER] - i think its tonight..

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno wrote: <snip> (...) Like the secret newsgroup and the seret handshake... THere's a whole 'underlayer' to rtlT and I ain't in it!!! Dave K -who will be at din-din tonite... (19 years ago, 18-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  [RTL DINNER] - i think its tonight..

HI guys. We haven't heard from Calum in a while, and I found the BEST way to get him today something is to use the Square brackets In the Subject. So... GOOD NEWS... BAD NEWS...... Good news, I got a gig tonight.. yay, Bad news, I'm going to miss (...) (19 years ago, 18-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Has MOCPages been harvested for spam?

(...) Thanks for your reply Sean. I was just in the process of composing a message to send to MOCPages feedback outline what I thought the problem was. Now that you appear to be fully aware of it I won't bother. Not knowing you personally I wasn't (...) (19 years ago, 17-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Has MOCPages been harvested for spam?

(...) Derek, everyone: Yes... this was a design flaw on my part; I would never, NEVER sell people's personal information. I, myself, get over 400 pieces of spam every day, and am very sensitive to giving out my own e-mail, phone numbers, etc. I'd (...) (19 years ago, 17-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  in the area...

Hello rtlToronto’ens, I just wanted to know if there are any of you in the Niagara Falls area. I’m in Buffalo till Saturday AM and wanted to see if there was anyone that might be interested in meeting up. If so.. drop me a note.. and hopefully we (...) (19 years ago, 17-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.us.ny.buf)

  Re: Has MOCPages been harvested for spam?

(...) Dan- Not complaining, just observing :) I'm just surprised that if the effort was made to munge the web display of email addresses, no such effort was made in the email portion... You just can't win against spammers. For example, When I hit (...) (19 years ago, 17-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Has MOCPages been harvested for spam?

(...) A spammer that goes to that muvh trouble to get our addresses cannot be blocked by automatic tools. All spamblocks are designed to protect against generic spam bots, not humans or custom written bots. (19 years ago, 17-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Has MOCPages been harvested for spam?

(...) Well bother. Shows what I know, I haven't subscribed to LUGNET via email (or used a newsreader to read it, for that matter) since forever. Never mind then, I guess. XFut admin.general, this issue affects more than just this group. (19 years ago, 17-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Has MOCPages been harvested for spam?

(...) Shhhh, Quite you. Derek (19 years ago, 17-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Has MOCPages been harvested for spam?

(...) But if you subscribe via email, the from is unmangled. So a smammer would just have to subscribe for a while and collect all the "from" addressed (the reply-to is set to the mailing list, however) and bingo - has a nice big list of valid (...) (19 years ago, 17-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Oh No!! The zombies!!!

First there was the zombie demo... (URL) there was the advanced demo, where people could shoot back (and drop the occasional nuke...) (URL) Zombie 3--where you just drop nukes to kill the 'undead' (URL) now my favourite zombie game-- Zombie 4, (...) (19 years ago, 17-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact