 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 72
Re: NALUG elevator - mailboxes needed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 02:49:25 GMT

Michel Magnan wrote in message ...
I have 9 grey, 4 white and 2 black mailboxes.

Great!  James has 3 grey mailboxes so we have a total of 12, which
should be enough.

The circle is 16 inches in diameter.  On a 30.5 x 61 table, the middle is • 32
inches from one side and 12.5 inches from another edge.  Fitting it in the
layout might be tricky.  I might have to create a small table just for the
elevator.  Unless you want to try raising it on some green, like you • suggested
earlier.

I'd rather not change our planned layout.  Here's a suggestion:
modify an existing table so that one or more holes could be
made by removing a small piece of wood.  However, the wood
could be replaced at a later time.  This way, if we change
the layout for another show or something, the table could be
reused for different purposes.

If this is too much trouble, I could raise the whole elevator.
I probably would use many grey plates that would extend some
distance away (25cm?) in all directions so that the hill does not
look ridiculous.  Any nearby track could be inclined to this
higher level.  I'm quite sure I have enough grey plates for this.
We could use green plates in appropriate areas while the grey
could be used as the road for grain trucks.

John
(remove the obvious to reply)