 Organizations / 360
Re: Display your LUG's logo on LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 04:18:49 GMT

In lugnet.org, Suzanne D. Rich writes:

Secondly, let me assure you that Todd and I can take care of ourselves.
Thirdly, Todd and  I have a policy of only seeking consultation from >legitimate legal professionals.

Forgive me, this is an answer that is not really helpful.  Todd has always
been very strong about trademarks and copyrights and Lugnet always pursued
the best interests of TLC.  Example, selections for CLSOTW:

http://news.lugnet.com/build/?n=2052

Quote:

"Does this site do anything
which would miff TLG and make the online community look bad?  (Examples:
Using the red LEGO logo on a splash page,"

It seems strange that there is all of a sudden a red Lego logo right here on
Lugnet.  So is it a special priviledge that only Lugnet but no other
unofficial sites can enjoy?  I don't have a beef with that at all, just
think that some logical explanation would be appropriate.  If you want to
leave it as "Don't worry about it, we can take care of ourselves, it won't
affect you as the end-user of Lugnet" then that's fine with me too.  Thanks.