 Organizations / 352
Re: Display your LUG's logo on LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 18:42:53 GMT

Suz,

What about the LTCs, could you include a collection of the different club
logos on the .trains.org page?

jt

-----
James Trobaugh
North Georgia LEGO Train Club
http://www.ngltc.org

In lugnet.org, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
Hi everyone!

I've slowly been adding art to some newsgroup homepages on LUGNET.

For example, the LEGO DUPLO newsgroup has an appropriate graphic when you arrive
here: http://news.lugnet.com/duplo/

What I'd love to do now is place LUG art on LUG pages in the same way. If your
group has a graphical text logo that's 100-200 pixels wide, I think that would
be perfect. But you could represent yourselves with other art, like DixieLUG's
Bubba mascot for instance. In which case, he would appear here:
http://news.lugnet.com/org/us/dixielug/
On the left, above the link to the DixieLUG website. In fact, their art could
also be a link. like a button.

If this sounds interesting, please reply! Point me to a gif or jpeg.

As a side note, I've enjoyed surfing around LUGs' sites today. Here's
something I was really "wowed" by:

From Craig Hamilton, "A three foot tall mc esher-inspired wizard's tower!"
  http://www.dixielug.org/meetings/July082000.html

That's the best use of a CRAP I've ever seen. Awesome building skill and
imagination. The page also features photos of a nifty pair of glasses, LUG
members, and minifigs wandering the streets!

-Suz