 Organizations / 354
Re: Display your LUG's logo on LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 21:26:35 GMT

In lugnet.org, Dan Jezek writes:
In lugnet.org, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
In lugnet.org, Dan Jezek writes:
In lugnet.org, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
Hi everyone!

I've slowly been adding art to some newsgroup homepages on LUGNET.

For example, the LEGO DUPLO newsgroup has an appropriate graphic when you
arrive here: http://news.lugnet.com/duplo/

So ... does putting the red Lego logo along with a Duplo logo on
lugnet.duplo web page comply with the TLC fair-play policy?

Just curious

Dan J.

The DUPLO logo should never appear without the LEGO logo. TLC is strict about
that. I may add a small line of text about the c/tm. If you are asking about
logos in general, you should probably read the fair play document and decide for
yourself.

Here is a Quote from the Lego fair-play policy:

"The bright red LEGO logo has become one of the most recognized trademarks
in the world. We have worked hard to make this logo a symbol of high quality
creative products for children. The logo stands for the LEGO Group and we
cannot risk allowing the distinctiveness of this symbol to be diluted. We
must, therefore, insist that the LEGO logo NEVER be used on an unofficial
web site."

It states that the red logo should never be used on an unofficial web site.
It does not list curcumstances under which it can be used, for example
combining it with a Duplo logo.

As they say, it shouldn't appear on an unoffical site.  But, I doubt they'ed
care about it being here on Lugnet, as ever page has the disclaimer, and
after all its Lugnet!
Josh

"Where's the box car door again?"