 Organizations / 345
  Display your LUG's logo on LUGNET

Hi everyone! I've slowly been adding art to some newsgroup homepages on LUGNET. For example, the LEGO DUPLO newsgroup has an appropriate graphic when you arrive here: (URL) I'd love to do now is place LUG art on LUG pages in the same way. If your (...) (23 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.org) !

  Re: Display your LUG's logo on LUGNET

(...) lugnet.duplo web page comply with the TLC fair-play policy? Just curious Dan J. (23 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.org)

  Re: Display your LUG's logo on LUGNET

(...) The DUPLO logo should never appear without the LEGO logo. TLC is strict about that. I may add a small line of text about the c/tm. If you are asking about logos in general, you should probably read the fair play document and decide for (...) (23 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.org)

  Re: Display your LUG's logo on LUGNET

(...) Here is a Quote from the Lego fair-play policy: "The bright red LEGO logo has become one of the most recognized trademarks in the world. We have worked hard to make this logo a symbol of high quality creative products for children. The logo (...) (23 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.org)

  Re: Display your LUG's logo on LUGNET

(...) Suz, sounds great. I guess there are a few options for NELUG. Of course there is just the LOGO which I think is what I would prefer. (URL) there is a button with the logo. (URL) of course we have Bitter Bob as kind of a mascot (don't have any (...) (23 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Display your LUG's logo on LUGNET

(...) Excellent. I like the first logo too. I can also add this text to the botton of the pale yellow box: NELUG™ and The NELUG Logo are trademarks of The New England LEGO® Users Group and its members. -Suz (23 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Display your LUG's logo on LUGNET

(...) Sounds great to me! Thanks, Eric Kingsley (23 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: Display your LUG's logo on LUGNET

Suz, What about the LTCs, could you include a collection of the different club logos on the .trains.org page? jt ----- James Trobaugh (...) (23 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Display your LUG's logo on LUGNET

Yes, logos for LTCs are needed too. Ideally, I'd like those to appear on each clubs's LUGNET newsgroup home page. But judging by the lack of activation of those newsgroups, putting all LTC logos on .trains.org makes sense. Do others agree? -Suz (...) (23 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Display your LUG's logo on LUGNET

(...) As they say, it shouldn't appear on an unoffical site. But, I doubt they'ed care about it being here on Lugnet, as ever page has the disclaimer, and after all its Lugnet! Josh "Where's the box car door again?" (23 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.org)

  Re: Display your LUG's logo on LUGNET

On second thought, I believe LUGs and LTCs really should be treated in the same way. I prefer the idea that any LTC with an active newsgroup can place their logo on their club's LUGNET newsgroup homepage (as with the LUGs). Hopefully this could (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Display your LUG's logo on LUGNET

(...) IANAL... The fact that it's LUGNET(tm), currently the premier fan site, doesn't make it official. See (URL) and read the text at the bottom. I would say that TLC would care more about it here than just about anywhere because the people that (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.org)

How about placing the logo on the place holder even if the newsgroup isn't active? Such as on the NGLTC place holder (URL) J. Trobaugh North Georgia LEGO Train Club (URL) D. Rich <suz@baseplate.com> wrote in message news:G8B6w6.34E@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Display your LUG's logo on LUGNET

(...) First of all, this sub-thread does not belong where it is. Secondly, let me assure you that Todd and I can take care of ourselves. Thirdly, Todd and I have a policy of only seeking consultation from legitimate legal professionals. Lastly, (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.org)

  Re: Display your LUG's logo on LUGNET

(...) Ok, sure! Everyone: just send your pics my way. :-) Let me know if you need fine print for your trademark issues. You can also have special "Links & Resources" on your sidebar. For instance, helpful local info for visitors, member websites or (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Display your LUG's logo on LUGNET

(...) Forgive me, this is an answer that is not really helpful. Todd has always been very strong about trademarks and copyrights and Lugnet always pursued the best interests of TLC. Example, selections for CLSOTW: (URL) this site do anything which (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.org)

  Re: Display your LUG's logo on LUGNET

(...) Feel free to redirect it, then. You know how to set followups, and your standing as (whatever role it is you play here, I never did figure it out, it's not documented very clearly) would certainly encourage everyone else to stick to that (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.org)

  Re: Display your LUG's logo on LUGNET

(...) Not exactly what i was trying to say, but its sounds good. I just think that it's LUGNET, I think thay won't care, and anyways if they do you will get an e-mail about it. Josh (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.org)

Suzanne D. Rich <suz@baseplate.com> wrote in message G89tvt.Byy@lugnet.com... (...) Hi Suz (...) Sure! ItLUG (Italian LUG) choose this logo (URL) let me konw if you intend to change background color of the frame where the logo is placed: to (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.org)

  Re: Display your LUG's logo on LUGNET

(...) I would recommend assuming that the background is pure white (e.g., #FFFFFF) rather than the yellow that's used along the left (e.g., #FFF8E0), for a couple of reasons... The first reason is that #FFF8E0 displays differently on different (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-01, to lugnet.org)

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message G8CzDq.7K3@lugnet.com... (...) yellow) (...) OK (URL) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.org)

  Re: Display your LUG's logo on LUGNET

(...) Wow, that's a beautiful graphic. Clever and sophisticated. nice job. I'll put it up today. -Suz (23 years ago, 7-Feb-01, to lugnet.org)

Suzanne D. Rich <suz@baseplate.com> wrote in message G8E9qM.3rr@lugnet.com... (...) Thanks! IMO the brilliant LUGNET logo is one of the best, of course after the LEGO logo ;-) Domenico (23 years ago, 8-Feb-01, to lugnet.org)

  Re: Display your LUG's logo on LUGNET

(...) [...] (...) Here's an example of a page that's all set up: (URL) (23 years ago, 9-Feb-01, to lugnet.org)

  Re: Display your LUG's logo on LUGNET

(...) Here is an image for PNLTC: (URL) would be great if you could hook it up as a link that points to: (URL) Hafner www.hafhead.com www.pnltc.org (23 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.org)