 Off-Topic / Pun / 126
Re: Question about 7101
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.pun
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 15:58:57 GMT

<FE3ArA.MHz@lugnet.com> <FE3Hy7.8zG@lugnet.com>

Tom McDonald wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.pun, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.pun, Tom McDonald writes:
when replying, note that spamcake printed mu-mu's are in this summer.
I'll probably regret this, but what the heck is a mu-mu??
You won't regret knowing about one, but probably about seeing one :) If my
spelling is correct (and I was almost (but not quite) loathe to spell it "moo-
moo")

*ahem* muu-muu or mu'u mu'u  :-,

If you wish to know more about mu-mus Jeremy Sproat might be along later to
explain its origin.

Yes, yes, yes.  Well, thank you Tom.

There are some who say that a pattern for the muu-muu was given to the
Hawai'ians by Pele, the volcano Goddess, so that she would have something to
wear when she attended luaus.  The people who would say this are,
thankfully, safely locked away at the Canadian Institute for the Mentally
Insane.  It is rumoured that Wayne Gretzky is an escaped Pele Muu-Muu
Theorist.

Incidentally, muu-muus were a gift given to Captain Cook during his visit
with the natives of the Hawai'i islands.  Cook took this very well, as he
was naturally seeking the Hawai'ians to give him tokens of worship.  What he
didn't understand at the time, is that the Hawai'ians were giving him
clothing instead of construction material.  This caused quite a stir when
Cook invited the natives to worship him as a god at this Discovery Bay
Muu-Muu Paradise Tent.  Not only did the Hawai'ians not bow down to Cook in
reverence, but they ended fifty years of non-violence and chased him off the
island.  This has proven to be quite the blessing, as Captain Cook has been
a hero for the haole (white folk) ever since.  Go figure.

Mele Kalikimaka,
-Tom McD.

Well, a big old humuhumu nukunuku apua'a back atcha.  :-D

Cheers,
- jsproat

Darth Sideous the wicked ruled his world -- Sidious spoke in class today