 Off-Topic / Geek / 4649
Re: New LUGNET server hardware details
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 2004 22:59:41 GMT

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004, Matthew Miller wrote:

The specs:

   SuperMicro 1U Rackmount System -- Chassis and Motherboard
   2x Intel Xeon 2.66Ghz Processor w/ 512MB Cache *
   1Gb PC2100 DDR266 ECC REG Memory (2x512MB Modules)
   2x Seagate 120GB SATA 7200RPM SerialATA HDD
   Intel 10/100 and Intel 10/100/1000 Ethernet Adapters
   Integrated Video Controller
   Floppy disk, CD ROM, and so on, of course

Hmm, no tape drive or CDRW.  How does off-site backup work---over the
wires to Todd's office?

I do hope that there is a backup outside of Boston. . .

--
TWS Garrison
http://www.morfydd.net/twsg/