 Off-Topic / Geek / 3665
3664  |  3666
Subject:
Ancient and obscure hardware geekery (Was: Re: review: Radeon 7000 for BrickDraw3D, low-end Mac)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 13:56:14 GMT

In article <slrnac8tvk.9q0.mattdm@jadzia.bu.edu>,
Matthew Miller <mattdm@mattdm.org> wrote:
Or, better, get a PC Weasel <http://www.realweasel.com/intro.html>, which
emulates a video card (VGA for the PCI version, MDA for the ISA) and a
keyboard during boot and sends the data <-> its serial port -- allowing you
to access the BIOS config program. And then when it detects the OS trying to
initialize its serial port, it switches over to using that. Way cool.

Yeah, but the _cheap one_ is $250! I have a Lego habit to support!
Seriously, though, one more reason why it wasn't a bad idea to replace
the old 486 firewall with a hundred bucks worth of Linksys filtering
router. :)

On the other hand, I begin to think my webserver needs one of these...

-JDF
--
J.D. Forinash                                     ,-.
jd@forinash.not                                  ( <