 Off-Topic / Geek / 3639
Re: review: Radeon 7000 for BrickDraw3D, low-end Mac
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 15:20:54 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Dan Boger writes:

heh, nope - it doesn't even log to itself, nor does it run _any_ services
(other than mgetty on the serial :).   Maybe I should make it into a halted
firewall, the idea is too cool.

What's a halted firewall? Just one that's not working? or something neater?

close...  a firewall, that you told to shut down - so it's not running any
processes at all, no programs are running on it... but it still filters and
forwards packets.  How can you hack a firewall if you can't launch any
process on it?

:)