 Off-Topic / Geek / 3055 (-20)
  Re: Mac heads who use iTunes on os9

(...) Neat! Thanks for sharing those. :^) ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Mac heads who use iTunes on os9

I know there are a couple of ya. So I thought I might drop a note about the iTunes plugins I have been making. Still in Lame stage but fun. (URL) and updates to follow as I find time to play with the code. Best DaveG (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: IR Tower Use

(...) This isn't true at all. The tower converts an RS-232 serial transmission directly into IR and vice-versa. It is a pretty standard protocol. -Kekoa (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: IR Tower Use

(...) You can't really do what you are trying to do. The tower is designed to operate in request-reply mode. It sends a request, waits a few seconds, receives a reply during that time, then turns off. The idle state of the tower is off, and (...) (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Yet Another torso sticker question

(...) Actually, I have a Lexmark Z3, and while this may not be a BONAFIDE dot matirx, the inkjet process is still close enough to dot matrix to suck just as much! Lol -Catch You Cats Later! -The Rascal King (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Yet Another torso sticker question

(...) Actually, I have a Lexmark Z3, and while this may not be a BONAFIDE dot matirx, the inkjet process is still close enough to dot matrix to suck just as much! Lol -Catch You Cats Later! -The Rascal King (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Yet Another torso sticker question

(...) I don't think so. Only the ones with the little moving pins which hit the paper are called "dot matrix", even if the other ones do end up putting a matrix dots on the page. See: (2 URLs) (The "dot-matrix" doesn't refer to the image, but rather (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: IR Tower Use

(...) Not really -- the tower uses its own proprietary communcations format. It's similar enough to that used by remote controls that learning remotes can pick up the signals, but I haven't heard of anyone going the other way around. (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  IR Tower Use

I know this may be a bit off topic, but didn't know where else to post, I own an IR tower and remote control, and was wondering if it is possible to use the IR tower for other things. eg using PC + tower to control stereo/TV, or using IR remote to (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Yet Another torso sticker question

Ooh! Ouch! The memories! I had a daisy-wheel printer for my (get this) Radio Shack/Tandy TRS-80 computers when I was a little kid (models I - V, Model 1000, CoCo)! I have to admit that that printer was probably what got me into design in the forst (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Yet Another torso sticker question

(...) He probably did. I don't know that there are very many printers at all today which aren't dot matrix printers. My HP 660Cse certainly is. My TI Microlaser certainly was. Of course not very many people today use printers which put the dots on (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

"Matthew Gerber" <matthew@digitaliris.com> wrote in message news:GDJ5u9.2BE@lugnet.com... (...) wants (...) left (...) smaller (...) last (...) I (...) What (...) Resize my windows and I'll leave and never come back regardless of the content. If you (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Windows opening graphic?

(...) 320x400, I think. But not at a 4:3 ratio -- the pixels are very rectangular. (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Windows opening graphic?

(...) IIRC, and I havn't played with it in years... look for logo.sys in your c:\ directory... I think it's a 320x240 bitmap.... :) Dan (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Windows opening graphic?

Recently I downloaded and installed a Simpsons desktop theme, and in the process I changed the opening image on my PC from the Windows default logo to a frankly rather lame Simpsons graphic. Subsequently it has resisted my casual attempts to undo it (...) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Why halftracks?

(...) This part wouldn't surprise me-- a full-track tank tends to tear up asphalt when it turns with its huge tracks running the full length of the vehicle and running them at different rates. A half-track would get you some of the benefits of (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

(...) Like I said before I was more confused by what you were trying to get at than offended... (...) May I re-proffer my previous suggestion? Bring the user to a page that is a starting point... then: Launch a new window with your size coded in but (...) (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

(...) I think any website that screws with my browser(resizing, forced pop-ups, etc.) must be destroyed. I "X"ed my window by accident trying to reset my window to full screen. Bablah@#$%&*&%$#@*&#...bbidyblah. Plhhzzzzzt! After reloading the page (...) (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

To begin with, let me say a public apology to Larry for my last post. It was uncalled for in a public forum, and a private apology has been sent. Now, I have seen some excellent and not so excellent points here, but what James writes strikes me as (...) (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: LEGO Inspired Fonts For Macintosh And Windows

(...) Yes, which is why it's so easy for me to leave and not come back once I realize a site is monkeying with my browser settings. I went and looked at your site. Wonderful fonts! Those are just toooo coool. I think they'd be great to make graphics (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact