 Off-Topic / Geek / 3049
Re: Yet Another torso sticker question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2001 20:39:57 GMT

Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote:
He probably did. I don't know that there are very many printers at all
today which aren't dot matrix printers. My HP 660Cse certainly is. My TI

I don't think so. Only the ones with the little moving pins which hit the
paper are called "dot matrix", even if the other ones do end up putting a
matrix dots on the page. See:

<http://www.nightflight.com/foldoc-bin/foldoc.cgi?dot+matrix+printer>
<http://www.nightflight.com/foldoc-bin/foldoc.cgi?non-impact+printer>

(The "dot-matrix" doesn't refer to the image, but rather to the print head.)

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>
Boston University Linux      ------>                <http://linux.bu.edu/>