 Off-Topic / Geek / 2731
Re: Geeks and Toys on Netslaves
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 06:06:00 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.general, Jeff Shiner writes:

Are the majority of AFOLs geeks?

I think the more important question is, who here is NOT a geek??? :-)

I'm not!  You don't want to know how long it took me to figure out how to post
on Lugnet!  And one of the more painful experiences of my life was having to
take a programming course in Pascal to get my math degree.  Of course, as the
daughter of a prime example of Early Geek (my dad was one of the first EE's-- I
believe he was originally called a Radio Engineer), I did inherit that myopic
geek appearance and the tendency to spill food on myself at better restaurants.

Maggie C.