 General / 26855
Re: Geeks and Toys on Netslaves
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 01:37:26 GMT

Jeff Shiner wrote:

In lugnet.general, Kevin Loch writes:
Netslaves has an article about geeks and their toys.  It mentions
LEGO too.

http://www.netslaves.com/comments/979826937.shtml

This brings about an interesting question that has been lingering in the
back of my mind for awhile now.

Are the majority of AFOLs geeks?  Or... more to the point...

What variety of occupations/interests does the Lugnet community and AFOLs in
general represent?

I for instance... am a geek... I am a Development Manager responsible for
eCommerce personalization. Prior to becoming a manager I was the technical
lead.  Pretty classical geek stuff.

What do others in the community do?
- Jeff
I would probobly call myself a geek. I am currently studing computer
science at university and I also spend most of my spare time on the
computer, a lot of which is pulling various games to bits and working
with editors for them and so on.
Anyone who stares at 65816 assembler dumps must be a geek :)