 Off-Topic / Geek / 2581
Re: Digital Camera
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 20:10:41 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mike Faunce writes:
Guys,

Not that you aren't giving good advice, but remember this guys
application -- posting pics of items to Ebay.  He doesn't need Megapixels,
640x480 would work just fine.

To be perfectly honest I had no intention of responding just to the original
poster's message - otherwise I would have replied to it and not to two
messages written after it.

That's how threaded conversations work - they start at one point then branch
out.  The ends of the various branches may bear no resemblance to the
original post, nor should they be expected to.

When uploading to the web (especially Ebay) size matters (both KB and
pixels) so spending the money to buy a 3 or 4 megapixel camera and then
taking shots at it's lowest resolution doesn't make much sense.

Actually I think there's a reasonable argument for having the larger (and
probably higher quality) CCD but I'm not a digicam technobuff - I just
bought the one I liked best and that had the features I wanted, including
image size, quality, and storage capacity.