 Off-Topic / Geek / 1509
Re: NQC in Boston University Linux :)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 22:24:04 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Matthew Miller wrote:

I can see their point on that one. Indention _is_ a logical way to keep
blocks seperated, and it's easier for new users than keeping {s and }s
matched up. It's important to note that it's only _relative_ indentation
that is important -- you don't have to keep things in a certain column, or
anything like that.

It's like a throwback to the days of Cobol and Fortran, except, as you
pointed out, it doesn't require column placement.

When I script in Perl I always add my changes all the way to the
left so they're easy to find, remove, etc. if things bomb.  Once
testing is complete, I properly indent and comment the code.  Python
broke my entire programming model, so now I'm pretty much against
it.

I'll shut up now...  :)

Chris

(follow-ups set to alt.flame.python -- no, just kidding)

--
Remove the nospam machine name in my email address to send a personal reply.