 Off-Topic / Geek / 1269
Re: Another request to LDlite programmers...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 04:30:45 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Matthew Miller writes:
Dan Boger <dan@giccs.georgetown.edu> wrote:
heheh.  that's almost the exact situation we have here.  486/25 running RH6.0
(6.1 won't install, didn't have time to get it to yet), compared to PIII/500
running win95...  I can't say the linux is faster, at least not in X :P

Curious -- why won't 6.1 install?

not sure yet (only tried it today, after burning a CD at work), and the first
thing I get asked after the bootloader is "please insert your driver disk".  It
doesn't matter which mode I choose (graphical, text, or expert), it doesn't say
what driver it's looking for...  oddly enough, RH6.0 installed with no problem
at all...  And I didn't think any drivers were _removed_ from the
installation...

Am I missing something?  Did I burn the CD wrong?  (I don't think so, since it
didn't even ask me where am I installing from)

Dan