 CAD / 3624
Re: Another request to LDlite programmers...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 13:51:38 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Karim Nassar writes:
[snip]
I would be happy to try out ldglite... what makes it different from
LDlite?  What requirements?

Well, actually it IS LdLite.  I just pasted in an OpenGL renderer to
make it portable to other operating systems.  This means it requires OpenGl
DLLs for windows, but I think you can get them at the LdGLite web site.

And to be honest, LdGlite is still missing many features from the regular
version of LdLite.  However, it does have a few goodies not in the regular
version.  You can run it from Internet Explorer.  You can enable shading
on the command line with the -fh switch.  You can get png files out to
save disk space (and web space).  I think it does the twirl save thing
right.  It has a switch for perspective rendering.  Finally, I think it
renders prettier pictures, but that's just me. :)  Of course I hope to
eventually merge the new features into the original LdLite someday...

You can find LdGLite at http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/File/8624

If you don't want to compile, I'd use the l3glite.exe in the latest
experimental source zip file.  It has all the latest goodies, including
the twirl thing.

Don