 Off-Topic / Geek / 1270
Re: Another request to LDlite programmers...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 04:59:11 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Dan Boger writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Jennifer L. Boger writes:
heh, we have enough holy wars at home... I'm a novell admin at a enterprise • shop
(gwu.edu) and he's a linux admin at a small shop (giccs.georgetown.edu)
yah, she has 3000 users, I have 200 - she has to reboot her servers at least
once a week (if they don't crash before that) while my servers average uptime
of about 200 days, at heavy load...  and that's only cause then I take them
down to do hardware upgrades :)

I'm willing to bet that she's admin over a NetWare 5 site.  NetWare 4 was far
more stable.  I sometimes wonder why we even let 5.0 out the door (not that
I had any control over that!)

Cheers,
- jsproat