 Off-Topic / Geek / 1280
Re: Another request to LDlite programmers...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 16:29:41 GMT

Hrmmm.... I'm sitting in on the directory services committee in my
organization (utk.edu) and we just heard the eDirectory show from
Novell today.  They're supposed to be setting up a conference call
between us and people at Clemson.

i've heard good things about clemson (no details, just sits in my mind as a good
thing)

Only problem is, too much of our organization is pro-M$ and
anti-Novell, even to the point of not really realizing that we don't
actually need to deal with Netware all over to get the benefits of
NDS/eDirectory.

our problem is that the 3000 that are already in the enterprise network are
splitting up into different groups (yikes, ever split a tree in 4? ew)  and the
other 27000 are in small groups that have tons of money, so we can't *force*
them to do anything (like we did with the first 3k) so we have to use the carrot
and the stick mode... make everything *sound* good, so that over all, the
university will save money, rather than having 170 plus licencing issues with
each dept.  we've got NT boxes, Unix boxes of all flavors, and mac labs... ick.
it's not going to happen any time soon, but it will be "interesting" :)