 Off-Topic / Fun / 9
  Re: who was the 1st non-north american to possess mindstorms???

(...) Looks like this worked (...) I liked WIllow... (...) I WOULD prefer that he came out with the sequels first. :( I don't have as much desire to see how this all started as What happened next? Sarah Heacock (26 years ago, 30-Sep-98, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: who was the 1st non-north american to possess mindstorms???

(...) Mike: (...) Space Boy isn't a movie. Space Boy is Todd. :-P (...) Me too. A tad campy, sure, but what a great way to see fantasy done (Fantasy with SW technology). I'm a bit mixed whether it was good or bad that this was the first true use of (...) (26 years ago, 2-Oct-98, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: who was the 1st non-north american to possess mindstorms???

(...) Yeah, Rachael liked it too. I think it's a chick movie, if I can quote my friend Jack and his term for anything that doesn't quite fit into his preferred horror/action/sci-fi genre 100%. :) I don't remember much from it, but I thought the (...) (26 years ago, 3-Oct-98, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: who was the 1st non-north american to possess mindstorms???

(...) Oh. Just figured it was another Lucas movie I hadn't heard about. :) I know more about Lucasarts games than Lucasfilms movies. (...) Funny how stuff that was massively expensive and "wow" then is used in the crappiest of commercials now, (...) (26 years ago, 3-Oct-98, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: who was the 1st non-north american to possess mindstorms???

(...) "Chick Flick" is the more common term, AFAIK. Though I've never liked the term "flick" to refer to films (it really cheapens them in my mind), here it's warranted because the rhyme fits in well with the entire term. _Willow_ was a chick flick (...) (26 years ago, 4-Oct-98, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: who was the 1st non-north american to possess mindstorms???

(...) You *can* cheapen films? I had never thought of them as worth anything more than mind-fluff in the first place, for the most part... Sarah sarah@eskimo.com (26 years ago, 4-Oct-98, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: who was the 1st non-north american to possess mindstorms???

(...) I guess you're not going to the right films then. You only catch flicks? :-P There was a friend I had that I shared a house with when I first began college. After almost every film we saw together (most of them on video, where "flick" applies (...) (26 years ago, 4-Oct-98, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: who was the 1st non-north american to possess mindstorms???

(...) Nah, see. There's different classes of motion-pictures: Film (artsy stuff: Trois couleurs: Bleu, Der Himmel über Berlin. Usually used in the phrase "foreign film", if you're in the US. Sometimes applies to Star Wars.) Movie (y'know, whatever.) (...) (26 years ago, 4-Oct-98, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: who was the 1st non-north american to possess mindstorms???

(...) I did say for the most part. From what I hear, I would consider Saving Private Ryan one of the few that are NOT "cheap" I have not seen it yet. However, it is more the exception that, because we notice it, proves how cheap most films are, than (...) (26 years ago, 4-Oct-98, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: who was the 1st non-north american to possess mindstorms???

What group did this come from... it's helpful when you move a thread to somehow show that. The referenced post appears first. Anyway to answer the question in the subject, I would submit that if we define posess == hold clear title to an instance of (...) (26 years ago, 5-Oct-98, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: who was the 1st non-north american to possess mindstorms???

(...) It should be in the newsgroup list of the message to check it out. I would guess robotics though given the original subject. (26 years ago, 5-Oct-98, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Comefrom group info (Was Re: who was the 1st non-north american to possess mindstorms???

(...) It's not, and all the refs give "invalid article number" trying to follow them back... (...) Yep, I did find the start of the thread this time. (26 years ago, 5-Oct-98, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Comefrom group info (Was Re: who was the 1st non-north american to possess mindstorms???

(...) Oh, right. Because Todd changed all the newsgroup names to begin with lugnet, but kept the messages. Normally, it would be in Newsgroups :) Sarah (26 years ago, 5-Oct-98, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Comefrom group info (Was Re: who was the 1st non-north american to possess mindstorms???

(...) I'm confused by what you're saying (both of you) -- is there an article somewhere by bogus ref's? BTW, when the groups were renamed and the articles reinjected, the groups in the 'Newsgroups:' and 'Followup-To:' header lines were mapped (...) (26 years ago, 5-Oct-98, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: who was the 1st non-north american to possess mindstorms???

(...) It came from this newsgroup. In a vain attempt to be the 1st to post to each group, I started it. (...) I am defining Posess as it actually being in my grubby little hands. As regards to clear title, if your remember me barraging you with (...) (26 years ago, 6-Oct-98, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: who was the 1st non-north american to possess mindstorms???

(...) HOLD IT!!!!! I liked that movie when I was 12! I saw it again a few years later and can't for the life of me understand how I ever liked it originally! It was an embarrassment to admit to liking that movie! Ugh! Now the whole world knows! (...) (26 years ago, 15-Oct-98, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: who was the 1st non-north american to possess mindstorms???

(...) Well, at least I know I've had a positive influence on you. :) (26 years ago, 15-Oct-98, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

This has interesting potential, Mr & Mrs engaging in flame wars with each other! (not that this is one) Mike Stanley wrote in message ... (...) originally! (...) (26 years ago, 16-Oct-98, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)