 Off-Topic / Fun / 42
Re: who was the 1st non-north american to possess mindstorms???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 4 Oct 1998 16:06:37 GMT

Joshua Delahunty <dulcaoin@alumni.cse.ucsc.edu> wrote:
"Chick Flick" is the more common term, AFAIK.  Though I've never liked
the term "flick" to refer to films (it really cheapens them in my mind),
here it's warranted because the rhyme fits in well with the entire term.

Nah, see. There's different classes of motion-pictures:

Film (artsy stuff: Trois couleurs: Bleu, Der Himmel über Berlin. Usually
      used in the phrase "foreign film", if you're in the US. Sometimes
      applies to Star Wars.)
Movie (y'know, whatever.)
Flick (You'll know it when you see it. Most Jackie Chan movies. Independence
       Day. Fun and maybe stupid, but stupid in a special way.)

You can have something that's a great flick, but not a great film. And a
great film certainly isn't a great flick.