 Off-Topic / Fun / 43
Re: K6-2 and Linux?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 4 Oct 1998 19:13:48 GMT

Matthew Miller <mattdm@mattdm.org> wrote:
It runs beautifully on my brother's K6. No problems at all. But he's not
really a heavy user....

Cool.  I guess eventually I will learn how to make my 3com Impact IQ work
with Linux.  At that point I could have it act as the proxy for my network
at home rather than running wingate on one of my windows machines.  As
a matter of fact, I need to learn how to do that soon because wingate is
only free for 2 computers - anything more than that and you have to pay
for it, and I'm not going to pay for a windows product that will do what
a free linux one will do.

Ain't that always the trouble. The release of Mindstorms means I can't add
another processor to my currently-single-but-potentially-dual-CPU pentium
pro machine. :(

Mmmmm, Linux SMP.  :)  Nah, if I did that I'd be tempted to move all my
Quake2 stuff over to the Linux box, and I have too many irons in the fire
to learn a new OS and learn how to tweak out all my 3d card stuf on it
as well.  :)

Oh crap, I just remembered.  I'm having work order some of the lavaport
pci serial cards with the 16650 UARTs in them so I can troubleshoot the
compression we've started running on our ISDN connections.  Looks like I'm
going to have to stick with a windows machine as the proxy server for a
while at least, which means I need to look into forking over some cash
for wingate.  Oh well, they deserve it anyway - it's come a long way
since the early releases.

Man, I like this off-topic group.  Tech talk with fellow Legomaniacs. :)

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 ext 222 (S@H Canada)
www.auczilla.com - World's Largest Online Selection of LEGO Pieces