 Off-Topic / Fun / 44
Re: K6-2 and Linux?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 4 Oct 1998 20:14:41 GMT

Mike Stanley <cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> wrote:
Cool.  I guess eventually I will learn how to make my 3com Impact IQ work
with Linux.  At that point I could have it act as the proxy for my network
at home rather than running wingate on one of my windows machines.  As

Yeah. Near the top of my List o' Things to Do is to get Linux's IP
Masquerading stuff figured out. I think it's fairly straightforward, but I'm
trying to do eight million other things at once. Like, read LUGnet
newsgroups all day.

Mmmmm, Linux SMP.  :)  Nah, if I did that I'd be tempted to move all my
Quake2 stuff over to the Linux box, and I have too many irons in the fire
to learn a new OS and learn how to tweak out all my 3d card stuf on it
as well.  :)

Yeah, SMP is where Linus is focusing a lot of effort these days. Which may
or may not indicate that Transmeta is up to some sorta multiprocessor
thing....

Oh crap, I just remembered.  I'm having work order some of the lavaport
pci serial cards with the 16650 UARTs in them so I can troubleshoot the
compression we've started running on our ISDN connections.  Looks like I'm

Is there no Linux support for the serial cards?

Man, I like this off-topic group.  Tech talk with fellow Legomaniacs. :)

:) Yes, we're doing a good job of making off-topic more popular than on.