 Off-Topic / Fun / 46
Re: K6-2 and Linux?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 4 Oct 1998 22:19:39 GMT

Matthew Miller <mattdm@mattdm.org> wrote:
Oh crap, I just remembered.  I'm having work order some of the lavaport
pci serial cards with the 16650 UARTs in them so I can troubleshoot the
compression we've started running on our ISDN connections.  Looks like I'm

Is there no Linux support for the serial cards?

Oh, there may be.  Probably is. But that's just another thing I would have
to try to learn on top of everything else.  Better to keep the essential
stuff (like my Internet access) working since it isn't broken, and leave
that for a time when I've taken care of other things.

Now that it looks like I'll be making real use of this Linux box at work
it looks like I might need to build another one for testing purposes.
Ok by me - we've got 3 extra p133's laying around and I only need one of
them for 3.1 stuff and another for 95 maybe.  I can give my students a
Linux machine to play on when they aren't busy.

Man, I like this off-topic group.  Tech talk with fellow Legomaniacs. :)

:) Yes, we're doing a good job of making off-topic more popular than on.

Ok with me.  :)

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 ext 222 (S@H Canada)
www.auczilla.com - World's Largest Online Selection of LEGO Pieces