 Off-Topic / Fun / 21
Re: who was the 1st non-north american to possess mindstorms???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 3 Oct 1998 05:23:04 GMT

On Fri, 2 Oct 1998 20:26:51 GMT, Joshua Delahunty
<dulcaoin@alumni.cse.ucsc.edu> wrote:

Space Boy isn't a movie.  Space Boy is Todd.  :-P

Oh.  Just figured it was another Lucas movie I hadn't heard about. :)
I know more about Lucasarts games than Lucasfilms movies.

Me too.  A tad campy, sure, but what a great way to see fantasy done
(Fantasy with SW technology).  I'm a bit mixed whether it was good or
bad that this was the first true use of morphing technology -- cool at
the time, but what an overdone fad it started.

Funny how stuff that was massively expensive and "wow" then is used in
the crappiest of commercials now, though. :)

Then it wouldn't have the form of a true epic, though; and that's
fairly important to the work (since he "followed all the rules" in
writing the story): IMHO.  (Gee, sure feels a bit strange referring to
_Star_Wars_ as "the work". gack.)

Yeah, and I find it kind of funny to refer to it as an epic, but if
people want to call it that, I don't mind. :)  At least it started _in
medias res_.

--
Unofficial listing of weekly Lego Shop at Home phone specials
http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/