 Off-Topic / Fun / 15
Re: who was the 1st non-north american to possess mindstorms???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 2 Oct 1998 20:26:51 GMT

On Wed, 30 Sep 1998 12:33:57 GMT, cjc@newsguy.com (Mike Stanley) wrote:

Followups to off-topic.fun (I hope)

Perhaps a Princess.... wrote:
Looks like this worked

Mike:
Never saw Space Boy, but the mention of Willow makes me wonder if
anyone else has considered the possibility that this trilogy that will
be coming out might just totally suck?  I didn't really grow up with

Space Boy isn't a movie.  Space Boy is Todd.  :-P

I liked WIllow...

Me too.  A tad campy, sure, but what a great way to see fantasy done
(Fantasy with SW technology).  I'm a bit mixed whether it was good or
bad that this was the first true use of morphing technology -- cool at
the time, but what an overdone fad it started.

I just look at the actors that have been cast, the fact that I usually
enjoy sequels a lot more than prequels, and wonder - what'll happen if
the movies stink?  Or is that even possible given the following they
will have, regardless of quality?

I WOULD prefer that he came out with the sequels first.
:(
I don't have as much desire to see how this all started as What
happened next?

Then it wouldn't have the form of a true epic, though; and that's
fairly important to the work (since he "followed all the rules" in
writing the story): IMHO.  (Gee, sure feels a bit strange referring to
_Star_Wars_ as "the work". gack.)

-- joshua