 Off-Topic / Fun / 891
Re: LEGO Mentioned in Business Week
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 12:30:10 GMT

On Tue, 16 Feb 1999 04:24:18 GMT, Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net>
wrote:

Maybe c60 doesn't but I can get well beyond the number of pieces I'm
ever likely to amass

Each adds 3 zeroes
Thousand
Million
Billion
Trillion
Quadrillion
Quintillion
Sextillion
Septillion
Octillion

That's where I forget what comes next. But SOMETHING does. I just can't
recall what. Nontillion??

Nonillion, i think.
Decillion
Duodecillion

etc...

At that point, wouldn't you really rather be referring to it as
1.345 x 10E27
instead of 1 Octillion, three hundred forty five Septillion anyway?

an Octillion _should_ be, in any rational system (Yes, that precludes
the US from competing :) ) 10 ^ (6*8), instead of that awful 10 ^ (3 *
(8 + 1) ) the American Way makes of it.

Anyway, that's all water under the bridge. Just remember: NEVER use
billion or higher, instead, use thousand million and million million,
to avoid confusion. That's what you've saddled us with. :)

Jasper