 Off-Topic / Fun / 831
Re: LEGO Mentioned in Business Week
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 00:56:09 GMT

On Wed, 10 Feb 1999 17:30:44 GMT, jasper@janssen.dynip.com (Jasper Janssen)
wrote:

fOn Wed, 10 Feb 1999 15:31:42 GMT, "Mike Walsh"
<mike_walsh@mentorg.com> wrote:
Hasbro (I think) paid a $750M licensing fee to LucasFilms for their rights
to make action figures.  The article then mentioned that Hasbro needs to
sell
$3B worth of action figures to make a profit.

I'm thinking very hard whether I wanna post this.... what kind of
Billion? :)

In the U.S. that would be 1000M.
Still, those are some pretty big numbers.  It makes me think of the current
argument about if the new SW film will pass Titanic in box-office totals.
Titanic did about what? 600M or so?  Or was it around 700M?
And Hasbro paid 750M _just_  for the toy rights to SW?
Regardless of box-offfice numbers, SW has and will always be way ahead in sheer
profits.  Though I have my doubts about if the new movie will make as much as
Titanic at the box-office.

-- Terry K --