 Off-Topic / Fun / 6562
Re: Shell Autoshow Ferrari
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 16:36:30 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
news:G845or.Cq0@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.general, Greg Howell writes:

(just don't look upon the Pontiac Aztec, for it's
hideous visage may smite you and cause you undue nightmares.)

Yea, verily. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the first preprod at • the
auto show, and the production version is, if anything, even uglier.

I'd say it was the worst (looking) vehicle the General has ever foisted on
the public, but there may be worse out there somewhere. I shudder just
thinking of the possibility.

Ford Scorpio, now there was a car that Ford got so impressively wrong that
they just gave up with big saloons in Europe badged as Fords after that.
I've found some photos here of the car, it is vile:
http://www.frontiernet.net/~pdoering/Scorpio/D&E/95Scorp/1995.html

Now why can't GM import a LHD version of the Holden Commodore to America?
Now there's a decent car.

And why does Vauxhall (Opel in the UK) let HSV (Holden Special Vehicles)
import the Commodore Loonmobile as an Holden rather than rebadging it as a
Vauxhall Omega Thundersaloon? (Yes, this is confusing, UK: Vauxhall Omega,
OZ: Holden Commodore, US & C: Cadillac Catera, Rest of Known Universe: Opel
Omega.)   That way Vauxhall could revive the spirit of Vauxhall Carlton
Thundersaloon.

Nicholas Allan