 Off-Topic / Fun / 6560
Re: Shell Autoshow Ferrari
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 13:56:41 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jonathan Wilson writes:
Now why can't GM import a LHD version of the Holden Commodore to America?
Now there's a decent car.

Now ya talking.
If I could own any car in the world it would be a red holden comodore SS UTE
(like the one I attempted to build out of technic)

I'm still amazed at some of the Aussie utes I saw... the one I think was
most amazing was a Falcon with a tray bed (instead of the streamlined kind)
and tandem rear axles.

But ya, a Commy SS is a gofast car and it handles well too. My favorite
autorag likes it too. Probably not that good in snow since it's a reardrive,
but who cares?

Sydney was awash in Commys during the Olympics, Holden must have had 4000 of
them (seriously) for ferrying officials around and stuff, all badged with
big Holden logos on the doors. They had a really sweet gold painted SS Ute
at the torch relay ceremonies.