 Off-Topic / Fun / 6559
Re: Shell Autoshow Ferrari
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 13:52:57 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Larry Pieniazek writes:
I'd say it was the worst (looking) vehicle the General has ever foisted on
the public, but there may be worse out there somewhere. I shudder just
thinking of the possibility.

My father says the ugliest car he has ever seen was the Marlin, made sometime
between 1965 and 1968, by the same people who made the Gremlin (American
Motors?).  Neither of us have been able to find any pictures of it, though...

I've seen the Marlin. (remember, I was born in DEEtroit, still have some
motor oil in my veins,  and at one point I had 8 cars within my control
(although not pinkslip to all of them)... I've cut way back and only have 4
now) It's but-ugh!-ly. Think large swoopy expanses of sheetmetal, googly
round headlights recessed in deep wells, big enough that it's hard to park,
and a tiny interior. Terrible handling and terrible gas mileage.

Fortunately for the General's rep, it was an AMC. These are the same people
who brought out the Pacer. Fortunately for AMC, they also brought out the
AMX and the Javelin, not too bad performance cars (that meet Mark's criteria
of having large engines and going really fast).