 General / 27286
Re: Shell Autoshow Ferrari
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 02:08:48 GMT

In lugnet.general, Greg Howell writes:
Hi everybody,

I want to inquire the vast knowledge of the Lugnet group. We in the Illinois
area have been invited to help build a Lego display at the Chicago Auto Show.
It will be in the Shell area and it is a full sixe Ferari F1 car.

When you say "help" what do you mean exactly?

Is TLC already involved or is your group being asked to organise it?

If the latter, who is supplying the bricks?

A full size car takes a LOT of bricks and a lot of time to build, just based
on bulk. Factor in the complex curves and the time goes up, I would
expect... Thus the organization to do this will be non trivial. Significant
design effort and hundreds of person hours of build time, perhaps.

If you've somehow let yourself get committed as the group that is organizing
it and you have to source your own bricks, you need to start screaming for
help NOW.

Paging Eric Harshbarger!

Dr. Harshbarger, you're needed in the Project Rescue Ward... stat. :-)

Does anyone know about this. Of course I'm going to do it, but I am curious to
see if any one else has done this.

On the other hand if TLC is organising this, you should be in for a lot of
fun. Building Cinderella's castle (where they brought the bricks and the
plan) was a blast although my thumbs took a while to recover.

++Lar