 Off-Topic / Fun / 56
Re: who was the 1st non-north american to possess mindstorms???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 5 Oct 1998 02:48:47 GMT

Perhaps a Princess.... wrote:

*grin* I'm excited to FINALLY get a chance to see Star Wars in the
Theatre. Even if it isn't REAL star Wars. I don't care about beating
the crowds when it's a movie I've been waiting for long enough!

I must be old. I remember seeing the first Star Wars movie when it first
came out. I was in San Francisco at the time (it was June, 1977, about a
month after it was released) and it was only playing at 1 cinema. We
waited in line for 3 hours, partying with the folks around us (and since
this was SF in the 70s you SURELY know what was in the air).

People at the very head of the line had camped out the nite before to
get really good seats.

At the time I felt it wasn't as good as 2001. Still don't. But it's my
favorite movie.

As to the answer to the subject question, the answer is MOZ. He had
clear title to one of the ones I bought the moment I bought it (per our
agreement), and as you recall, I claim to be the first person in NA to
order one via S@H, which had them prior to them being in stores.

- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.