 Robotics / 12
Re: who was the 1st non-north american to possess mindstorms???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 21:42:48 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:
ObRobotics:  I can only find 2 of the expansion sets at the store.  I guess
the Mars one isn't out yet?  (Sorry, I'm hopelessly behind in RTL,
especially on the Mindstorms threads...)

Joshua Delahunty (I) <dulcaoin@alumni.cse.ucsc.edu> replied:
How funny, since I JUST got done hearing from Suzanne (through e-mail)
about how Exploration Mars won't be out until next year (after I wrote
to her with about the same reaction you just wrote).

You two really need to talk more.  :-P

Todd replied:
!  we talk all the time about LEGO stuff.  Probably why my memory about it
is so bad.

I'm sure you do.    My gawd, I wonder what that's like.

"Hi, Sweetie-coochie-pookums!  I'm home!"

"..and how was your day?"

"Wicked Cool!  I picked up MindStorms at Zany Brainy!  They had them
in"

"Outta my way!  I wanna play first!"

It blows the mind.  :)

She's the Technic-head in the family anyway.  :)  I'm Space
Boy, remember?

Come to think of it, I can't even remember when Star Wars is supposed to
come out next spring -- April or February or May.  I'm much better at
remembering things that have already occurred than things that are supposed
to occur.

Wow.  Puh-thetic.

<sigh>  Lucas 101:  He nearly ALWAYS releases in May.  EVERYTHING.  SW
4,5,6, Willow, etc.  It's MAY, Space Boy.

He just released the name of SW1, BTW.  You'll have to go look it up.
Slips my mind.

Anyway, from the back (bottom) of the MindStorms box: "Exploration Mars
... Available in 1999."

Ack!

Something to look forward to.

I picked up Extreme Creatures today (to go with my already-bought RIS
and RoboSports).  It's a bit disappointing (more-so than RS), since
the "bonus" feature of EC is a Fiber-Optic (or Fibre-Optic if you
prefer) unit (RS's was an extra motor).  The excellent value of RIS is
rather diminished by the cost of the expansion packs, I'm afraid.

Still, I think I'll jump right on Mars Exploration.  The anticipation
alone will make it worth it.

In the meantime, I'm thinking the Amusement Park set in the Pitsco
catalog is gonna be a must-have for me, as well as the AC Wall
Adapter.  Whether I get Robolab or not is up in the air, still.

-- joshua