 Robotics / 17
Re: who was the 1st non-north american to possess mindstorms???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 23:13:07 GMT

Perhaps a Princess.... wrote:

On Tue, 29 Sep 1998 21:42:48 GMT, Joshua Delahunty
<dulcaoin@alumni.cse.ucsc.edu> wrote:

<sigh>  Lucas 101:  He nearly ALWAYS releases in May.  EVERYTHING.  SW
4,5,6, Willow, etc.  It's MAY, Space Boy.

But the first SW Lego sets are being released BEFORE SW1.
I will keep in mind what you said Re: lucas and SW though (quibble: it
did not apply to the anniversary release)

Hmm.  I read what Todd wrote ("Come to think of it, I can't even
remember when Star Wars is supposed to come out next spring") as
referring to the film, not the sets. An offshoot of his being "Space
Boy" over "LEGO Space Boy." I now realize that you caught his meaning
much better than I did.  It does at least give guidance as to the
release date: an upper bound as itwer.

I'd have to agree with your quibble, as well.  I recall being mildly
disappointed that he "broke the pattern", while at the same time glad
that we didn't have to wait a year apart or deal with a
triple-simultaneous release.

He just released the name of SW1, BTW.  You'll have to go look it up.
Slips my mind.

The Phantom Menace

Ayup.  Shows how much I really care about the name, that I would
forget so handily.

That's gonna be one tough time ... wanting to stay away to beat the
crowds, but wanting to go to have the experience (and to see it all
before it gets totally ruined by everyone discussing everything
IMMEDIATELY).  <sigh>

-- joshua