 Off-Topic / Fun / 3963
Re: Good Luck everyone
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2000 16:35:01 GMT

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote:
(Is Quotes 'R' Us Y2K compliant? Do you have your compliance statement
on file somewhere? If you send me a quote tomorrow that I've read
before, I'm going to want my money back! :-) )

:) Well, as you discovered, we're sending out messages dated in the year
100. (Should be fixed tonight.)

The problem is that for no particularly good reason, we're piping the
outgoing message through elm's send-file feature, rather than direct to
qmail. (There are reasons, just not particularly good ones.) And the script
doing so was referencing /usr/local/bin/elm, which didn't get updated even
though /usr/bin/elm, the one most everything else on the system uses, did.