 Off-Topic / Fun / 3936
Re: Good Luck everyone
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 18:21:05 GMT

Matthew Miller wrote:

Bram Lambrecht <braml@juno.com> wrote:
I don't know about you, but I expect it to be the biggest non-event of
the century.

I agree (and so far evidence does too). But in a lot of cases, it's not
because the whole thing was a hoax, as some will now have you believe, but
because a lot of people did a lot of work getting systems up to date.

Yes!

And thank you(us?) each and every one.

However, I am in agreement with the quoted stat that says most of the
Y2K problems will not occur tomorrow (today in some places, Happy all
digits rolled year to our Kiwi and Strine friends) but later on... on
the 15th, at the end of the month, at the end of the quarter, when
statements come in, that sort of thing. Nothing that good backups and
paper copies won't allow to be corrected, but an annoyance just the
same.

(Is Quotes 'R' Us Y2K compliant? Do you have your compliance statement
on file somewhere? If you send me a quote tomorrow that I've read
before, I'm going to want my money back! :-) )

<for the clue impaired, it's a free service>