 Off-Topic / Fun / 3510
Re: center/centre
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 03:36:53 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Peter Callaway writes:
USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA!!!!!!!!

Hmmmm...I think you guys will run out well before us, with the amount I times
I hear *that* chanted at every NFL, NBA, Baseball, Olympic Games, Presidential
Election, High School graduation, Rambo movie, Academy Awards ceremony,
kindergarden lunchtime, Oprah with [insert current famous heartthrob] special,
Rikki "my grandmother slept with my gay boyfriend and have run off with my
vegan doberman to set up a new age donkey-worshipping sect in Alaska" Lake
show, et al ad nauseum!!!!!!

Loud cheers! I'd certainly love to see less of that stuff!!

P.S. How many Americans still think Australia is a small island just off the
coast of Hawaii??

Pete, most Americans think that Hawaii and Alaska are small islands off the
coast of California. You'd be surprised at TV ads in the US saying things
like, "this offer available to all US residents. Not available in Alaska and
Hawaii." Uh, excuse me?
Having grown up in Alaska, that sort of thing used to really irritate me. Now
that I live in the "Lower 48" I'm astounded at how provincial the US really is.

-Cheese