 Off-Topic / Fun / 3480
3479  |  3481
Subject:
center/centre
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 20:03:10 GMT

In lugnet.town, Sanjay D'Souza writes:
Cheers

Sanjay

--
Millennium City @ http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~jsds

(1) The American spelling of Centre is Center which obviously is totally
wrong  ;-)

Do Europeans spell it "centre" only when it's a place? Or is the dot in the
middle of a circle the "centre" as well? Isn't it "metre" instead of "meter"
in Europe as well? And if so, is it the same for a unit of measurement as for
a gauge, or a measuring instrument?

Just wondering.

P.S.- usually I just hit the reply button and let fly, but today I
experimented with changing the newsgroup field to off-topic.fun. I'm doing
this with a web browser. Did I do right?

Chris