 Off-Topic / Fun / 3131
Re: In town the rest of the week
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 18:56:34 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Eric Kingsley wrote:

In lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, Todd Lehman writes:
Larry Pieniazek wrote:
I WOULDA been there on time if my rental hadn't had a flat.

I thought that rentals only got flats when people drove into curbs.  ;-)

Only when the curb is in your direct path.  Those darn Massachusetts civil
engineers just can't seem to put those curbs in the right place.  ;) .

This was one of these where I was in a 2.5 lane wide lane, trying to be
a nice guy so people could pass me and wham, the road narrowed suddenly
and the curb just jumped out in front of me. So to speak.

Lesson #1 when driving in Massachusetts -- never try to be a "nice guy."