 Off-Topic / Fun / 3130
Re: In town the rest of the week
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 17:23:48 GMT

Eric Kingsley wrote:

In lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, Todd Lehman writes:
Larry Pieniazek wrote:
I WOULDA been there on time if my rental hadn't had a flat.

I thought that rentals only got flats when people drove into curbs.  ;-)

Only when the curb is in your direct path.  Those darn Massachusetts civil
engineers just can't seem to put those curbs in the right place.  ;) .

I'll say.

In fact, the whole "how many lanes wide is this road" seems to be kind
of a lost question... we have roads that wander from 1 to 3 lanes worth
of pavement with little or no warning, lane markers that peter out for
no reason, etc.

This was one of these where I was in a 2.5 lane wide lane, trying to be
a nice guy so people could pass me and wham, the road narrowed suddenly
and the curb just jumped out in front of me. So to speak.

Drunken Irish engineers obviously practiced here before they went to St.
Paul