 Local / United States / Massachusetts / Boston / 333
Re: In town the rest of the week
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 21:18:33 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Chris and I had a blast. I was late but he patiently waited for me.

Actually, I was late too.  Larry was just later.

Jillians wait staff is easy on the eyes but hard to make eye contact
with, so we had some service challenges till we basically waylaid one
and demanded food plaintively.

Talked a lot, I hope I get to go to MindFest, Chris should have
something very very neat there.

If I ever get my bricks together, maybe...

Played some fus. Butts were kicked. Unfortunately we were the kick-ees
rather than the kick-ers.

Actually, I've got to take most of the blame for who got kicked.  Lar is
actually quite a decent fusball player.  Beginner's luck can only get you so
far...  Hey, at least I managed to score one backfield goal!  (Not counting
all the goals I scored on myself, that is.)

Sometimes you kick, sometimes you get kicked.

(Fus is a game in which if you lose, you learn. Learned a lot last nite,
about 8 games worth. The opposing goalie had my number, I was NOT
getting any 3 man shots past him. Smoked him from the 5 man a few times
but alas, not enough)

Let's just say that I learned so much during the few games that we played that
one of our opponents started to accuse me of being a ringer.  (He must have
been watching a different game than I was!)  Let's just say that the only
match we won all night was the last one we played, so I must have eventually
learned something.  Or maybe AFOLs just have more stamina than your average
fraternity boy.

I SHOULD be in town next week, I think. Dunno after that.

Keep in touch, then.  As you probably know, we're planning to have a NELUG
meeting the week after next to get ready for our participation in MindFest.
Maybe you can drag out your current job for a few extra days so you'll be in
town!