 Off-Topic / Fun / 1003
Re: Geektalk.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 23:52:47 GMT

On Sun, 28 Feb 1999 21:48:02 GMT, cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com (Mike Stanley)
wrote:

My coworker found a place offering to modify them for $20 each, or to
sell them modified for $20, I'm not sure which.  He just snorted and
said Hell would freeze over before he'd pay someone $40 to solder two
wires onto a board.

Any more than $10 is pushing it, IMHO.

Now I'd probably pay it if I didn't have him to do it for us, but
that's the way I am.  My hands aren't really steady enough for detail
work like that.  Which is why I bought my modified playstation a few
years ago so I could play imports rather than do it myself.

The problem about modding the PSX is getting the 509 burned. That's a
lot harder than actually soldering it in :)

Jasper