 Off-Topic / Fun / 994
Re: Geektalk.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 18:25:42 GMT

On Sun, 28 Feb 1999 02:59:39 GMT, cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com (Mike Stanley)
wrote:

Jasper Janssen <jasper@janssen.dynip.com> wrote:

Winbench, maybe.  Although I figure playing Quake2 for a few hours is
good too.

Good point.

Somewhat cheap, but I just happen to have a ton of it.  I'll probably
bid on your 4558 but I'm sure I'll get beat.

Well, the more the merrier.

I don't remember the exact process, but Thresh did an article on dual
Celeron (socket version) just the other day at firingsquad.com - so
check it out.

Hmm yeah... same mods, for most of them, but some are simpler than
others - I'm just surprised you can't yet get pre-modified boards from
some vendors. It would not be any of the large manufacturers, because
they have to keep their good relationship with Intel, of course. Like:
You can make easily overclockable motherboards, _if_ you agree not to
produce a SuperSocket7... Persistent rumour.

Jasper