 Off-Topic / Fun / 1030
Re: Geektalk.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 05:59:56 GMT

Jasper Janssen <jasper@janssen.dynip.com> wrote:
I'm getting crashes. Winamp & Agent just locked, and zMUD did
yesterday. Winamp & zMUD aren't particularly noteworthy for their
stability, but Agent is. I've never had Agent crash before, and it
crashed with a memory type of error. I think, actually, that my
(PC-66) old memory isn't liking being driven at 100 MHz. I'll try
increasing to 2.2 Vcore, though, just to be sure it isn't the CPU.

Hrmmm, I'd be willing to be money on the memory being the problem.
I've never had a problem with memory but I've always made sure to buy
name-brand (Micron, Samsung, NEC) PC100 CAS-2 memory.  Costs a little
more, but they've all been rock solid.

PC-66 running at 100 is asking for trouble, imo.

Still haven't had a chance to try 2.05, but I will soon.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide