 Off-Topic / Fun / 979
978  |  980
Subject:
Geektalk.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 27 Feb 1999 14:44:15 GMT

Well..

My 166MMX is finally obsolete.

My Abit BH6 and matching Celeron 300a arrived yesterday. I had to up
the Vcore to 2.10 before it would run stably at 450 :( What voltage
did you need, Mike?

Anyway... rc5 contest jumped from 216 kkeys/sec to 1226 kkeys/sec,
approximately. Quake 2 went from 13 fps at all resolutions to 30-57,
depending on resolution. It appears I'm now being limited by my video,
but mu budget is gone, when combining $250 worth of computer and $120
worth of Metroliner and other stuff (see upcoming auction
announcement). No money for Voodoo II SLI, nor Voodoo III 3000/3500.
Does anyone know if P-III runs on Slot 1 or otherwise? Haven't found a
tomshardware review, even though he's testing Voodoo-III's on
P-III/500 platforms...

Anyway, just wanted to show off :)

Jasper