 Off-Topic / Fun / 1021
Re: Geektalk.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 22:24:45 GMT

On Sat, 27 Feb 1999 20:22:09 GMT, cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com (Mike Stanley)
wrote:

Jasper Janssen <jasper@janssen.dynip.com> wrote:

Hmm.. At 2.0, I locked immediately, 2.05, got me a lock within an
hour, and now at 2.1 *appears* to be running alright..

Cool.  Anything 2.2 and below should be fine.  Most people I know
doing this (about 12 or so with probably twice as many machines) fall
into the 2.05-2.1 catagory.

I'm getting crashes. Winamp & Agent just locked, and zMUD did
yesterday. Winamp & zMUD aren't particularly noteworthy for their
stability, but Agent is. I've never had Agent crash before, and it
crashed with a memory type of error. I think, actually, that my
(PC-66) old memory isn't liking being driven at 100 MHz. I'll try
increasing to 2.2 Vcore, though, just to be sure it isn't the CPU.

Jasper