 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: worlds smallest political quiz
 Results 1261 – 1280 of 1284.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Terms and Conditions Question

(...) Yeah! Ban political Statements! Jasper (25 years ago, 27-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.221)

  Re: Terms and Conditions Question

John, I have to confess I'm rather surprised at what I perceive as a lack of tolerance here, and a little disappointed. (...) I'd agree with this. In some cases there is a predisposition toward a behaviour. This is true in many areas of our (...) (25 years ago, 23-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.220)

  Re: Genocide and terrorism (Was: SW <-> Russia conspiracy)

(...) I've seen these stated along with calmly well supported chains of logic and the listeners still shake their heads. (...) If you believe it, I'd be interested to hear it. (...) Sure, new blood gets in, but has to work with the system. Who will (...) (25 years ago, 20-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.220)

  Re: New Web Page

(...) Hi. (...) But, the people of the colonies and the people of Britain had different worries. I don't want to get into a historical debate, because I am simply not equipped to do so...I mean I'm ignorant in comparison to you. (unless you're (...) (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.219)

  Re: New Web Page

(...) Self selected. By the criteria of being able to afford it. To whatever extent it takes. (personally I want star trek stunners too, and I'd put up some VC to get them if I had any) (...) Check yours. The reduction in violent crimes seems mostly (...) (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.219)

  Re: New Web Page

On Wed, 12 May 1999 00:32:49 GMT, Larry Pieniazek uttered the following profundities... (...) No comments on education. I am not of schooling age, nor have children, or likely to in the near future. (When considering flameage in your replies, (...) (25 years ago, 12-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.219)

  Re: Federal Reserve Board - "Know Your Customer" Rule

(...) Hrmmm, not being into the political scene much anymore, I gave www.congress.gov a shot. It brought me to (URL) I've never seen before but seems pretty darn cool. Anyway, from there I decided to look at Legislation in the 106th Congress, and (...) (25 years ago, 12-Apr-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.214)

  Re: CFD: e-bay (aka ranting and raving)

(...) No, I wasn't trying to imply that, although I may have inadvertantly (rereading back on the thread). It might be (arguably) less good for the community, but certainly not "bad" - anything that keeps our favorite toy in circulation sounds (...) (26 years ago, 16-Feb-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 0.212)

  Here we go again

Matt, I found an exmple of a functioning theocracy for you. The following story appeared on cnn.com recently. Keep in mind that these people are only trying to enforce a simple moral code, not regualting morality or anything: Afghan police crack (...) (26 years ago, 30-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 0.205)

  Re: My version -- The meaning of CHRISTmas

Steve Berry wrote in message ... (...) would. (...) in (...) Yes, it must have been originated as you mentioned, but today almost whole world celebrates it and give gifts to their firedns, and make holiday. aand this occurs regardles from any (...) (26 years ago, 12-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 0.202)

  Re: Fixing the world (was Re: Ldraw cannon

Larry Pieniazek wrote (...) You're using a specific and unconventional definition of "selfish", most often used IME by evolutionary biologists and geneticists (both meat and virtual). To most of us "selfish" is similar to arrogant or unempathetic - (...) (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 0.202)

  Re: Fixing the world (was Re: Ldraw cannon

(...) Regulations that shield companies....... Sounds familiar, and one of the biggest impediments to customers getting a fair deal in the shops here in the UK and Europe. Consumer goods cost more in the UK than in our competitor's shops. For (...) (26 years ago, 8-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 0.202)

  Re: Impeachment

(...) It's a good logical argument: perjury is of greater significance than lying under oath and is a felony to boot, therefore it is a "high crime" when applied to the president. (I'm not sure I agree with your definition, that it has to be (...) (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.200)

  Re: Impeachment

(...) Cool. Thanks for the site. But it does, to my mind, state clearly that lying under oath is perjury. Period. There's no way around it. So we're back to my original point: it's prosecuted so little in this country that turning it into an (...) (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.200)

  Re: Impeachment

(...) There is a "perjury standard". The US Code, Title 18, Pt 1, Ch 79, Sec 1621 fully states how perjury is defined. (you can also go (URL) ) (...) With the amount of evidence available, in my opinion, there was sufficient information to find (...) (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.200)

  Re: Impeachment

Also sprach John Cromer: : I would not say "testimony under oath must be truthful" is a throw-away : issue. It is not, however, in my opinion, the cornerstone that underpins : our legal system. I am convinced that people lie under oath every day in (...) (26 years ago, 31-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.199)

  Re: Geez, its hard to stomach all of this

A lot of people have been debating the impeachment issue here. I have an opinion, but because I am lazy, I am going to re-post something that I wrote for another discussion group. There are a couple of references to people who are members of that (...) (26 years ago, 24-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.198)

  Re: Geez, its hard to stomach all of this

(...) <snip> (...) I can appreciate Tim's feelings on the subject. Anyone, right or not, who thinks he is right can get angry when someone refuses to see "the truth". Even those folks who don't believe in God behave this way at times. I am a (...) (26 years ago, 22-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.197)

  Re: Geez, its hard to stomach all of this

Also sprach Tim Courtney: : And I'm a Christian and don't know who Ralph Reed is. See my other recent : post on my opinion of the Darwin fish...I don't find it funny at all. Ralph Reed is the founder of the Christian Coalition, and he was still in (...) (26 years ago, 21-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.197)

  Re: Geez, its hard to stomach all of this

(...) I'd put big money on him getting off. BIG money. Sad, but it will happen. (...) Didn't say he tried to resign. I said he tried to make himself a martyr, which he did. I have no more respect for him than I do Clinton, because, for me, the core (...) (26 years ago, 20-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.197)

More:  Next Page >>